What are cookies?
Types of cookies
According to the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own Cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
If cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie holder, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing contents through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which it accesses the service, the regional configuration from which it accesses the service, etc
- Cookies analysis: allow the person responsible for them, tracking and analysis of the behavior of users of websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of users of these sites, applications and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information about users’ behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile for displaying advertising based on it.
Deactivation and deletion of cookies
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used at www.miweb.es
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Before this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when you access any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your configuration. You will be able to obtain more information about what cookies are, get to know the Cookies Policy of www.miweb.es and modify the configuration of your browser.